Offering: Legal Document Services & Legal Document Assistance for Civil Harassment Restraining Order, Divorce, Separation, Minor Guardianship, Civil & Family Law, Rental Agreements, Name Change 
Evictions, Business Services. Serving California (CA) area of: Encino, Los Angeles. Tarzana, San Fernando Valley, Granada Hills, Van Nuys & surrounding areas.

We Prepare Legal Documents at Your Request and Guaranty Our Work 100%

Call Us: (818) 644-7045
                        15260 Ventura Blvd
                          Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
 Guardianship of Minor

Guardianship of a minor child is a court process by which a person other than a parent is given custody of a child or authority over a child’s property. Relatives, friends of the family or other interested persons may be considered as potential legal guardians. Appointment as guardian requires the filing of a petition and approval by the court. Sometimes a child needs a guardian because the child’s parents have died. A child may also need a guardian if the child is not receiving adequate care or is being abused.

A guardianship does not terminate the legal relationship between the biological parents and the child. As guardian, you are responsible for providing for food, clothing, shelter, education, and all the medical needs of the child. You must provide for the safety, protection, and physical and emotional growth of the child.

A guardianship automatically ends when the child reaches the age of 18, is adopted, marries, is emancipated by court order, enters military service, or dies. If none of these events has occurred, the child, a parent, or the guardian may petition the court for termination of guardianship.